So now, for the things I personally am really missing about Beantown...
1. Newbury street. One of the most famous in all of Boston. So much fun to stroll down.
2. Boston Commons. Loved walking through here, at any time of year. Though especially loved coming in the summer with a book, snacks and a blanket.
3. Harvard Square. So many interesting, trendy shops here, great restaurants and a fun New England atmosphere.
4. The Danish Pastry House in Medford. LOVED this place, with their authentic Danish pastries. Phenomenal. I also worked here and loved that too.
|This cake was SO delectable. Chocolate cake with walnuts inside and chocolate mousse in the middle. Heart. Stops. <3|
5. Good Mexican food. One of my favorites was Rudy's Cafe. The combo plate was bomb, with a bean burrito, guacamole taco and chicken enchilada.
|Another great restaurant, Border Cafe.|
|Black bean empanas with spicy sauce. One of my favorite dishes at Border Cafe.|
6. Boston in the winter time. Super charming, pretty and romantic.
7. Beacon Hill. One of my very favorite parts of Boston and my dream address :-) love the appeared-to-be-gaslit street lamps and cobblestone streets.
8. Amazing cupcake shops sprinkled throughout the city.
9. Closeness of a fantastic city like Boston to....
|The White Mountains.|
10. Good pizza, available readily. Like at Figs on Beacon Hill, or Unos.
11. The happening Boston Breweries and great bar food (such as, onion rings, southwestern egg rolls, spinach and artichoke dip, quesadillas, mozzarella sticks, etc etc).
12. Fun nights out, such as stand up comedy at Dick Dohertys comedy club, or out to a hopping bar with friends and yummy food.
|Towne bar in Boston|
13. Aerial yoga. So cool. I read about this in Boston magazine a few years ago and then had to try it. Needless to say, I went back many times with different girlfriends/my sister in tow.
14. The Medford Public Library. My god, I loved this place. I was here every week picking up new books. Those who know me, get it ;-)
15. A good burger. So many good burger joints throughout the city. Boo yeah.
|5 Napkin Burger.|
|Boston Burger Co|
16. The charm, beauty and fun of Boston, in general. I love it.
17. And obviously, these Boston based people :-D (or, close enough to Boston haha)