However, this list has a twist to it. Our list is specific to Europe. What we have found to be the ultimate aspects of summer in Europe.
Also, if anyone has anything they would add to the list, please comment. Would love to hear it!
So, here it is. Fantastic experiences of summer in Europe....
- Festivals. There is every kind of festival one could possibly imagine. Festivals for: Food. Wine. Music. Beer. Art. You can think it? They probably have a festival for it.
Fressgass Festival in Frankfurt.
- Outdoor markets. There is something so summery and fun about wandering down a street closed down to traffic that has been filled with food stalls offering all sorts of different delectable foods (Döner wraps- for those of you who do not know what this is, google it. Crepes, vegetables, burritos, wine, beer, sausages, etc).
- Paddleboating down the Vltava (or really, any of the main rivers that exist within the must-visit European city. Paris, Florence, Prague, Frankfurt, Rome, Amsterdam, the list goes on).
- European romances. The perfect place (and season) to fall in love.
- Bicycle tours (especially through European countryside).
- Late nights. This is both a summer and a Europe thing. The air is balmy, its light out until 11pm, cafes serving dinner late, dancing, laughter filling the air and footsteps echoing down the streets as people are still out and about, enjoying the evening into the early hours.
- Beach parties.
- Crepes. Any season. They are The. Best.
- Picnics in front of the Eiffel Tower. The ultimate picnic spot.
- Gelato (our flavor picks were: pistachio, lemon and chocolate).
- Florence, Italy sitting on the stone steps of Piazza Michelangelo overlooking the city at dusk. Whoa.
- A long, European-style dinner sitting at one of the cafes in Piazza Navona, Rome at sunset. Like magic.
- Reading a great book while stretched out on a blanket in a pretty park or field.
- Prague. Medieval and enchanting, year round. Though especially charming in the summer and autumn.
- Sultry sunsets.
- Camping! Always a classic summer activity. But with places like this to camp in Europe, its even better.
- Hiking the Via dell Amore in the Cinque Terre in Italy.
- Dining on fresh seafood in a tiny coastal town after a long day at the beach.
New Years Fireworks in London.
- Neuschwanstein. Incredible hiking, even more stunning views, natural beauty and thus beautiful panoramic scenes and storybook castles. An ideal summer trip.
- Long, leisurely meals at dusk sitting in a cafe.
“Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” <3
We would love to know what all of you think! Anything you would add to the list?? Please comment!
Whoa! Wish I was there! How do you eat all that delicious food and stay thin? Late nights out look pretty inviting as well. I'll take that castle as my new residence!ReplyDelete