Massive Mexican Salad
Lettuce (mixed greens worked best for this recipe)
A small handful of tortilla chips, crushed into small pieces, your choice of flavor (we like Jalapeno cheddar)
¼ cup of chopped red onion
A handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup of shredded cheese of your choice (we recommend Mexican blend)
Roughly ¾ cup of black beans, rinsed and drained
½ cup of golden corn, drained and cooked
Chicken if you desire, already cooked
For sauce/dressings on top:
1-2 tablespoons of honey mustard salad dressing
Chipolte Southwestern Sauce- if you so desire
Salsa- if you feel like it
Sour Cream or Ranch dressing- if it sounds tasty
1. Put the cleaned and dried lettuce into a large salad bowl.
2. Sprinkle on top of the lettuce the: black beans, corn, red onion, cherry tomato halves, cheese and crushed tortilla chips. Toss the salad so all ingredients are distributed throughout.
3. Separately, remove the pit from avocado, then remove avocado from it's shell. Mash in a bowl. Add the honey mustard dressing and mix well. Spoon some of this mixture on top of the salad.
4. Add a small amount of another sauce on top if you like (from the options mentioned above)5. Enjoy your salad!!!
The BEST Sesame Brown Sugar Honey glazed Salmon
Need 2-4 fillets of Salmon, ideally fresh.
Sauce to marinate salmon
¼ cup of olive oil
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
½ teaspoon of ginger
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1-2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
Glaze for salmon
¼ cup of honey
1 teaspoon of soy sauce
½ teaspoon of ginger
1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
1. Line baking sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
2. Mix together the ingredients for the sauce to marinate the salmon. Marinate the salmon in the mixture for 30 minutes.
3. While allowing the salmon to marinate, mix together in a separate bowl the ingredients for the glaze.
4. Remove the salmon from the marinade mixture. Place the salmon on the foil-lined baking sheet. Cook on 250 C on the top shelf of the oven for 12 minutes.
5. Remove the salmon from the oven. Once plated, top with a spoonful or two of the glaze mixture.
6. Enjoy! We recommend this dish with sides of rice (any kind that you enjoy) and vegetables.
Serves 2-4 people
Post a Comment